Interfaith Climate Crisis Conference
2nd Annual Climate Crisis Conference: Putting our Faith into Action
Open to clergy and worshipers of any faith and interested others.
Keynote Speaker: Adrienne Alvord
Western States Director of Union of Concerned Scientists
Science and Faith: Working Together to Inspire Action on Climate Change
Choice of two workshops:
- Speaking up: How to be effective in responding to policy-makers (politicians) and opinion-makers (media). Use our voices effectively together. (Libby Sholes, CA Council of Churches)
- Taking Action for Climate Justice–How Values Become Behavior: Explore barriers to action. Identify your passion, find or form a group, and learn how action for climate justice helps us grow, as individuals and people of faith. (Beth Robbins, St. Martin’s Episcopal)
- Cooking for a Cool Climate: using local, seasonal produce and “unplugged” techniques as a way of greening your food print and eating healthfully, too. Demonstrations, tips and recipes. (Debra Chase, an experienced personal chef.)
- Greening your household: Become a Cool Home like these faith families who share their experiences conserving energy in their houses, shifting their transportation modes, and producing less waste. (panel)
- Greening our places of worship: three ways to go green: information on financing solar, taking the challenge to “Travel Lite to worship” and leave the car at home, and creating less wasteful practices for church events and communications. (panel)
- Reflecting on Interfaith statements on Climate Change: discussion of written climate commitments from various faith groups. (Stephanie Carucci, Davis Friends Meeting)
- Enjoy refreshments for a Cool Climate. Learn Pete Seeger’s “God’s counting on me, God’s counting on you.” Join the Cool Homes Campaign.
For more details visit http://www.cooldavis.org/2014/02/10/interfaith-climate-crisis-conference/